NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME – NSS
National Service Scheme provides the students an opportunity to understand community needs and problems, as well as solutions in which they can be involved by assuming social and civic responsibility .NSS enables the students to participate in various programmes of social service and national development.
- Total commitment to the cause of quality education.
- Undisrupted focus on shaping students towards Value Oriented Existence
In a caring and positive environment, impart an education which enables all students to achieve personal standards of excellence in academic work, as well as in supportive areas of physical, cultural and social developments.
The main objective of NSS :-
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relations to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
- Develop among themselves some social and civic responsibilities.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to community problems.
- Sharing responsibilities.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic
- Develop a capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters.
- The motto of NSS “Not Me But You”
- The belief is that the welfare of the individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole.
- The NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
- The Konark Wheel in the symbol has eight bars which represents 24hrs of a
- The red colour in the badge indicates that the NSS volunteers are full of blood, and that they are lively, and full of spirit.
- The Navy Blue colour indicates the welfare of mankind.
Co-ordinators : 1. Prof. Hamsha K
Department of Computer Science
- Ms. Shilpa A
Department of Commerce
NSS ACTIVITIES FOR 2017-2018
- The NSS unit of our college, in collaboration with red cross society and Prerana, conducted a BLOOD DONATION CAMP on 6/7/2017.
- Storytelling programmes in government schools near Basavanagudi.
- The educational outreach workshop by Janagraha-“I Paid A Bribe” in our college on 27/7/2017.
- The activity conducted by our NSS students with newspaper pen and placards was made and donated to government school conducted by YFS 2/1/2018.
- The students were taken to Ramakrishna Ashrama on “National Youth Day” on 12/1/2018. Captain Naveen from the Indian Army shared his experiences on Kargil War in his talk. The students took a procession from Ramakrishna Ashrama to College [nearly 6 kms].
- A talk on Swami Vivekananda was organized in our campus on 20/1/2018.
- The electoral registration for students who have completed 18 years was organized in our college on 10/1/2018 and 11/1/2018 by B-PAC.