The College has a health care Unit Called Arogya Kendra. The main purpose of Arogya Kendra is to provide first aid and health care to the students. The Arogya Kendra looks into various dimensions of Women Health starting from regular health ailments to serious gynecological problems. Counseling, preventive, promotive and curative services are the features of this health care unit
OBJECTIVE OF AROGYA KENDRA:
- To provide first-aid treatment to the students and staff.
- To create awareness and educate students about their general health.
- To diagnose the general health state and gynecological problems.
- To Conduct guest lecture in the related field of health.
- To Conduct annual Medical Health Checkup camps for general health and Dental Checkup on regular basis.
- To conduct Blood donation camps.
- To establish a data base for follow-up, to record the improvement in the general health of students.
Arogya Kendra in association with Lion’s club Bangalore, Mind tree and Shrushti foundation organizes Annual health check-up camp for all the students and staff every year. Doctors of all disciplines such as General physician, OBG, ENT, Ophthalmology, Neurology, Psychiatry and Orthopedic participate in the camp. Further treatment for severe ailment is provided in the hospital. Doctors from Rajarajeshwari Medical College, Devaraj Urs medical college, Kolar, KIMS, East-point college for medical science and research have been part of the Annual camp. The college also has monthly health clinic for the follow ups of certain cases. Every year about 1000 students and staff avail the benefit of the camp for their health problems/ ailments.
Prof Meenakumari T
HoD Department of Zoology
NMKRV College for Women