COURSE CODE/ TITLE
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Explain the concepts of Mechanics, Plasma physics, Rocket motion, Waves and Oscillations.
- Explains some of the natural phenomenon’s that occur in everyday life based on Coriolis force and Frictional forces.
- Discuss theories related to Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Fluid dynamics, Thermodynamics and Cryogenics.
- Comprehend the basic principles of Architectural Engineering, Aircraft designing, and operation of basic engines and behavior of materials at very low temperatures.
- Explain the concepts and terminologies related to Electrical Engineering and Radiation physics.
- Describe eddy currents, Thermoelectricity, Optics,
- Explain the principle and working of electrical appliances like different types of lamps, microwave, water heater etc.
- Gain insight into the theories of Black body radiation which led to the development of Quantum Physics
- Discuss the concepts of Transient currents, Alternating currents, electrical networks, magnetism, Geometrical optics, polarization, optical fiber, laser and holography
- Explain the design and working of choke coils which have a wide range of applications in communication and industry.
Physics V And
- Discuss the concepts of Gravitation, Atmospheric physics, Quantum mechanics(I and II), Solid state physics and Semiconductor like transistors diodes and special diodes, Atomic and Molecular physics.
- Apply the concepts learnt in industry and modern day life.
- Discuss the concepts of Statistical physics, Relativity, Astrophysics and Nuclear physics.
- Gain insight into topics like Nanomaterials, Smart materials which make the students aware of the recent developments in science and technology.
- Gain insight into Space science and Nuclear physics to motivate the students to opt for research.