This course is intended to expose you to the basic ideas of Differential Equations combined with some ideas from Linear Algebra. To be successful, a student must be able to,at the end of the class, solve the majority of the problems with no external help. All assignments and exams are geared towards and measure how much this goal has been accomplished
At the end of the three year program in Mathematics the students will able to:
- Use mathematical ideas to model real-world problems
- Utilize technology to address mathematical ideas
- Demonstrate the effective use of mathematical skills to solve quantitative problems from a wide array of authentic contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to make rigorous mathematical arguments in axiomatic and non-axiomatic systems.
- Demonstrate effective written communication of mathematical concepts.