The post-graduate Department of Journalism was established in the year 2012. The Department is considered as “Highly Rated” by the UGC and theNAAC. The course is structured so as to enable technical competencies, as well as to enable students to undertake research projects on their own.
To conscientize students to face the emerging media technology and to prepare them for challenging global media scenario.
To prepare graduates to face all media-related avenues, including new social media and digital technology in the global world.
- To train the students to suit the requirements of media organizations and the society.
- To train the students in changing skills of news gathering and editing.
- To prepare the students in related areas such as corporate Communication and event m
- To introduce emerging communication technologies.
- To prepare students for communication research and teaching
- To train students to become socially conscious.
Training and Alumni
The course is so structured that the 8 weeks of internship/training for the students in any of the media outlets will invariably lead to placements in that organization.
The First Batch (2012-2014) of students placements have been at
- Grey Caps – MNC
- BTV – 24X7 News channels
- Pragathi TV
- Pedestrian Pictures
- Audio Life.
Any Graduate of any stream B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/BBA/MBBS/B.E/B.Tech with 50% aggregate in the qualifying examination.