At the end of the three year program in History the students will able to:
- Describe the social, economic, political, religious and cultural interests in a comprehensive study of the past.
- Acquire knowledge of historical texts, sources and how historians interpret past.
- Understand the basic themes, concepts, chronology and the Scope of Indian History
- Compare and contrast the major dynasties, art, architecture and literature of Karnataka.
- Explain the positive and negative impacts of travel and tourism and the importance of sustainability.
- Compare and contrast the history of the countries other than India (China, Japan and Europe)
- Develop research skills, write papers and demonstrate the ability to interpret on their own.
- Prepare for various types of Competitive Examinations
- Promote nation building activities, peace, international understanding, and to restore fruitful relations.