Gender equality has been a great voice for the discrimination and inequality which women and girls are experiencing in today’s world. The higher educational institutions play a pivotal role in bridging the gaps in gender inequality.
The UGC strongly feels the necessity of the educational institutions to push towards promoting gender equality. In its task force report, it has suggested several measures to tackle the issues. One such measure is establishing gender sensitization cells. Hence the department of women’s studies felt the need for a gender internship programme to be offered through the gender and legal awareness cell
The programme is to create a platform for all the students initiated to understand gender inequality.
Aims and objectives.
- To bring in practical learning and experience for students on gender issues.
- In creating exposure and promoting the students to become gender sensitiv
- To develop within themselves a gender perspective which would help them meet the workplace criteria.
Structure of the programme
Student’s intake – 60
Programme duration – 6 months
The 50 marks is allotted as per the following
- Workshop / training – 20 marks – on Saturday and Sunday
- Field visit – 10 marks –
- Presentation – 10 marks – Based on gender issues, the presentation can be a campaign, street plays, in-house programmes, a 10 mts PPT presentation, silent protest, collage etc.
- Seminars/ Conference / Lectures – 5+ 5 = 10 marks
Students have to compulsorily they have to attend two programmes.
The students also receive a certificate after 6 months
- Through knowledge building, participation in workshops, conferences, and speaker events, the programme generates critical thinking and engagement on gender peacemaking, providing a necessary bridge between research, activism, and policy making initiatives.
- The students would develop communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Helps them to develop a team building capacity.
- The platform creates an opportunity for students to apply for national and international internship programmes .
- These programmes are much sought after by the students at the post-graduation and research levels
- The learning and training at NMKRV meets the requirements to apply for further international and national internship programmes.
- International consultant on gender issues.
- Legal and gender counselors
- Peace and security programme advisors
- Team leaders
- Gender expert practitioners
- Regional gender advisors