CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
Dr. Malhar Qaiser
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting hours: 2 P.M to 4 P.M
For any grievances related to examinations ONLY: email@example.comOFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS● The Office of the Controller of Examinations conducts all Semester Examinations (MSE / ESE / Supplementary Exams) for UG and PG.
● The Controller of Examination (COE) will release the Time Table for both the Mid Semester Exams (MSE) and the End Semester exam (ESE) for UG & PG.
● Management of valuation, announcing results, and issue of marks cards.
● Facilitates Board of Examination meetings every semester.
● Each course carries a certain number of credits. The results will be given in both percentage and SGPA.
The guidelines for attendance requirements are framed by the college under the Autonomous Scheme. Attendance shall be considered semester wise only.
● A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers separately to attempt that particular semester examination.
● If the attendance of a student in a semester is less than 40%, she will not be permitted to write that semester examination. (The number of working days for a semester will be 90 days).
● Students representing the college in various activities should get bonafide certificates from the staff in charge to avail attendance. (When calculating the attendance percentage of the students representing the college in NCC, sports and other activities, due consideration will be given to the days when they so represented the college.)
● Students who have less than 75% attendance on grounds of illnesses, or involvement in extra-curricular activities will have to seek condonation from the Principal producing valid documents.
● In case of an illness, a student must submit a doctor’s medical certificate and related documents along with the application for leave. Leave application must be submitted within three days of the student’s absence. (Submission of leave application in itself will not suffice for the purpose of obtaining condonation.)
Above 75% to 80%
Above 80% to 85%
Above 85% to 90%
Above 90% to 95%
CONTINUOUS INTERNAL ASSESSMENT (CIA)
● CIA for all subjects is graded by the respective departments and the marks are submitted to the Office of COE by all departments at the end of each semester.
● CIA grading for undergraduate courses is as follows.
Test /Assignments /Seminars
● CIA for post graduate courses is for 30 marks.
MSE & ESE – EXAMINATIONS
● A Mid Semester Examination (MSE) will be held for 35 marks for UG & PG (40 marks for BCom) each semester, which will be converted to 10 marks for CIA.
● The duration for MSE is hours.
● No re-exam will be conducted for the absentees.
● Completion of a semester will be with an End Semester Exam (ESE) for a 70 marks theory paper for courses with practical subjects/Languages/UG courses, and a 100 marks paper for non-practical subjects.
● Duration of ESE will be 3 hours.
IMPORTANT RULES FOR ESE
● ESE will be held for both Theory and Practical exams.
● Exams for all the subjects will 3 hours long.
● The COE will frame the time table for end-semester theory examinations.
● Time table for practical examinations will be framed by the respective departments.
● The COE will preserve all the answer scripts of ESE for six months.
EXAMINATION CONDUCT RULES
● Centralized exams will be held for both MSE and ESE.
● A Quick Response (QR) code will be given for identification of the candidates for ESE.
● For maximum confidentiality in valuation, QR-coding of register numbers will be done for ESE.
● Candidates should not write the name or register number anywhere on answer booklets or additional sheets, and should adhere to the guidelines given by the invigilators.
● Centralized valuation will be conducted for ESE.
● Objectivity will be the hallmark of valuation.
● Revaluation requests should be made within 10 days after the announcement of ESE results.
● Photocopy of the answer scripts can be taken on request.
● Challenge valuation will be undertaken.
● Fee will be collected for photocopy, revaluation and challenge valuations.
● There will be no provision for improvement examination for UG
ELIGIBILITY CRITERION FOR PROMOTION Undergraduate Courses:
● 75% attendance in each semester is mandatory.
● Promotion from II to III Semester: Students will have to pass in 50% of subjects of I and II semesters together (Internal Assessment and End Semester exams) to be promoted to the III Semester.
● Promotion from IV to V Semester: Students will have to pass in 75% of subjects of I and II semesters together and 75% of the subjects of III and IV semesters together (both Internal Assessment and End Semester Exams) to be promoted to V Semester.
● There will be an automatic promotion for all the students from I to II semester, III to IV Semester and V to VI Semester.
● Students will get 5 years from the date of joining the course to complete the course i.e., 2 years from the completion of the 3 year degree program. In effect, the student will get four attempts to complete the course after 3rd year.
● Repeaters will have to answer the question paper framed as on that day’s syllabus.
● 75% of attendance in each semester is mandatory.
● Supplementary exams for odd semester subjects will be conducted during the ESE for the odd semester and likewise during the even semesters.
● Repeaters / Supplementary exam notification for November/December 2018