At the end of the three-year program in Economics the students will able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of economics to apply it in the professional pursuits.
- Display the ability to evaluate the market condition and analyze the prices.
- Analyze historical perspective to understand functioning of the economy.
- Analyze the impact of economic development to solve the problems like poverty, unemployment, over population, low capital formation etc.
- Create awareness about sustainable development and environmental issues.
- Implement research methodology in research design, data analysis, planning and interpretation.
- Evaluate, design and develop problem solving strategies and evolve scientific solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate and apply appropriate information in different Competitive Examinations like, Staff Selection Commission, Banking Recruitment, KPSC, UPSC etc.