NMKRV has endeavored to strengthen the “Examination – Evaluation” (E-E) process since 2006 as Autonomy offers ample scope for improvisation. The completion of each Examination–Evaluation phase, has thrown up new challenges thus prompting us to strategize a new.
We place on record the Examination Reforms that have been put in place since 2015. They are
- To ensure that students graduate within the stipulated three years, irrespective of the variables that affect their performance.
- To enable the Examination-Evaluation Process to be completely enabled by ICT, thus enhancing efficacy and reliability.
Due to the stringent eligibility criteria, many students were seen to stock up papers that were not cleared and also lost a year in-between even semesters. Since diffidence and loss of morale prompted many to drop out of the course, the eligibility criteria were suitably altered in 2017.
The revised eligibility criteria for the under graduate students from 2017 onwards:
- To be promoted to II year – 50 % of both I and II semester subjects should be cleared.
- To be promoted to III Year – 75% of both I and II Semester subjects and 75% of both III and IV Semester subjects should be cleared.
Failure in just one subject or poor percentage, stagnated many students after their VI Semester examination, and they had to wait a whole year to progress otherwise.
To Counter this the following measures were taken:
- Supplementary exams were conducted for both odd and even semesters during End Semester Examinations.
- ‘Fast Track’ and ‘Improvement Examination’ are being conducted after the VI Semester Examinations.
- Instances where a student failed in clearing just one paper or could not appear for one paper, she is given one opportunity to write for that subject immediately after her placing the request to the COE during even semester as ‘Special supplementary Examination’.
This Fast Track /Improvement Examination is conducted and results declared before admission dates are announced by PG institutions.
Evidence of Success:
- The Fast-Track exam has helped outgoing students over the years as they have not lost a year waiting to clear backlog. The following chart shows details of the numbers who have been helped due to the Fast-track provision of the college.