Course code / Title
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
Digital Computer Fundamentals and Programming in C
- Explain working principle of a computer.
- Demonstrate the ability to use Boolean algebra in different number systems and performing computations.
- Execute the simplification of Boolean algebraic expressions.
- Explain the logic of the problem , analyze the given problem and write the algorithm, flowchart
- Write structured C programs
Database Management Systems and Software Engineering
- Explain the fundamentals of RDBMS.
- Build foundation for implementation through project work.
Data Structures using C
- Explain the need for Data Structures when building application
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate and measure efficiency of code
- Improve programming skills
Linux Programming and Operating Systems
- Describe the basic working process of an operating system.
- Discuss the importance of process and scheduling.
- Explain the issues in synchronization and memory management.
Object Oriented programming-Java
- Explain the basics of object oriented programming.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of Java Programming language in the development of small to medium sized application programs that demonstrate professionally acceptable coding.
- Create static HTML CSS pages and
- Create dynamic web pages using PHP
- Explain the basics of Visual Basic
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to create software solutions using Visual Basic
- Analyze certain types of problems with a software solution in mind
- Design software solutions to certain types of problems
- Implement, test, and debug Visual Basic applications
- Conform to a set of standards established for the course
- Explain different computer networks
- Describe reference models and the functions of each layer in the models
Design and Analysis of Algorithm
- Define good principles of algorithm design;
- Analyse algorithms and estimate their worst-case and average-case behaviour (in easy cases);
- Discuss the fundamental data structures and the manner in which these data structures can best be implemented.
- Understand the description of algorithms in both functional and procedural styles;
- Apply their theoretical knowledge in practice via the practical component of the course
- Formulate problem by following Software Testing Life Cycle. 11
- Design Manual Test cases for Software Project.
- Identify the realistic problem for different category of software.
- Use automation testing tool students to test the software.
- Practice the process related activity and testing techniques to work as team member.