COURSE CODE / TITLE
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
DIVERSITY OF MICROBES AND PHYCOLOGY
- Understand the diversity of micro organisms
- Understand useful and harmful activities of Micro organisms
- Describe the isolation technique of bacteria and fungi from soil, water and air.
- Understand and differentiate different types of Algae.
- Discuss the economic importance of Algae
FUNGI, LICHENS, BRYOPHYTES AND PTERIDOPHYTES
- Identify fungi, Bryophytes and Pteridophytes
- Identify and explain the different plant diseases and discuss about Bio pesticides
GYMNOSPERMS, PALEOBOTANY, ANATOMY AND EMBRYOLOGY
- Explain the scope and importance of Plant Anatomy
- Perform the technique of Tissue culture
- Discuss about fossils and Fossilization
PLANT DIVERSITY, ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY AND PHYTOGEOGRAPHY
- Describe Plant biodiversity
- Explain the phytogeographical regions of Karnataka and India
- Discuss about Ecosystem and its management
- environmental pollution
TAXONOMY AND ECONOMIC BOTANY
- Discuss the classification of plants
- Describe the importance plants and plant products
- Explain Ethnobotany
CYTOLOGY, GENETICS, EVOLUTION AND PLANT BREEDING
- Demonstrate the knowledge of Cellular Biology and Genetics
- Discuss the the techniques of Hybridisation and Plant Breeding
MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, GENETIC ENGINEERING, BIOTECHNOLOGY AND PLANT PHYSIOLOGY
- Describe the basic Molecular Biology concepts.
- Discuss the techniques of producing Genetically modified Plants.
PLANTPHYSIOLOGY – II
- Discuss in detail the Plant growth and metabolism
- Explain the principles of Enzymology