DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME
On completion of Botany program at NMKRV College for Women, the graduates will achieve the following outcome:
- Perform critical evaluation of ideas and arguments by collection of relevant information about plants, so as to recognize the position of plants in broad classification and Phylogenetic level
- Identify problems and independently propose solutions using creative approaches, acquired through interdisciplinary experiences, and acquire knowledge/expertise in the field of Plant Identification.
- Accurate interpretation of collected information and use taxonomical information to evaluate and formulate a position of plant in taxonomy.
- Identify the major groups of organisms with an emphasis on plants and be able to classify them within a phylogenetic framework.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast the characteristics of plants, algae, and fungi that differentiate them from each other and from other forms of life.
- Access the primary literature, identify relevant works for a particular topic, and evaluate the scientific content of these works.
- Explain the ecological interconnectedness of life on earth by tracing energy and nutrient flow through the environment. They will be able to relate the physical features of the environment to the structure of populations, communities, and ecosystems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the experimental techniques and methods of analysis appropriate for their area of specialization within biology.