Course code / Title
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
BIOMOLECULES AND CELL BIOLOGY
- Explain the definition, classification, biological function, structure and interactions of Biomolecules.
- Discuss and differentiate the basic structure and function of cell components in prokaryotes and eukaryotes cells.
- Analyse the functioning of life at cellular level.
MICROBIOLOGY AND GENETICS
- Explain the principle and application of various types of Microscopy
- Describe the structure and Classification, staining, culturing, physiology, of microorganisms
- Restatethe various types of gene interactions and genetic recombination
MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND BIOSTATISTICS
- Explain the concepts of DNA replication, DNA damage and repair, and gene expression in eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms.
- Perform the statistical analysis of the experimental outcomes.
- Explain the basic principles and, the tools and techniques of Genetic engineering
- Describe the applications of genetic engineering in various fields.
- Debate on ethical issues concerned with Genetic engineering
IMMUNOLOGY AND ANIMAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
- Explain the concepts of innate and adaptive immune response and techniques for clinical diagnosis.
- Illustrate the methodology to establish animal cell culture.
- Describe the importance of engineering animal cells for the production of therapeutic proteins
- Establish different types of plant cultures.
- Apply the technical skills learnt to establish nurseries for horticultural and agricultural crops.
- Compare the pros and cons of transgenic plants on environment
- Explain the concepts of intellectual property management and handling of GMOs.
- Illustrate the various aspects of Biotechnological applications in Fermentation Industries.
- Describe the principles underlying design of Fermenters, Fermentation Process and downstream processing and its applications.
- Integrate scientific and technological knowledge on the use of bioprocesses for industrial products
- Apply the practical skills for entrepreneurial development.
ENVIRONMENTAL BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOINFORMATICS
- Apply the concepts of Biotechnology in Environmental Management.
- Describe the concept of pollution management.
- Perform multiple sequence and pair-wise alignment using bioinformatics tools.
- Elucidate the phylogenetic relationship
- Explain the basics of NGS.