4 YEARS INTEGRATEDB.A.BEd/B.Sc.BEd COURSE
21st century, school education in India has been witnessing a paradigm shift from product to process based approaches and mastery to development of competencies. School education is also expected to prepare children for global citizenship. In view of addressing these contemporary demands, professional preparation of teachers providing adequate time for the development of teacher skills is important. NCF -2005 articulated the need for connecting knowledge to learner’s life outside the school, facilitating learner in knowledge construction, creating a fear free atmosphere, addressing diversity and inclusion, equity and quality. Teacher Education programmes need to be develop reflective teachers who are competent, motivated and confident, knowledgeable, content area and pedagogy they teach. They should understand how to plan to teach, and should be able to engage students interactively and inclusively.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Integrated Teacher Education programme namely B.A BEd. and B.Sc. BEd. (primary and secondary education is designed to meet the needs of professional teachers for pre-primary, primary, upper primary and secondary level of school education.
- The 4years integrated Teacher Education programme aims at enabling the student teacher to develop knowledge and perform competencies in disciplinary subjects.
- Understand the nuances of child psychology and how children learn.
- Familiarize the pedagogical approaches suitable for teaching at primary/secondary school children.
- Get acquainted with the content and pedagogical aspects of the teaching learning process suitable for pre-primary, secondary level children.
- Enhance the skill of communication
- Appreciate and apply the latest approach such as the constructivist approach to teaching learning
- Adopt innovative strategies in classroom process.
- Address issue related to natural resources and promote eco-friendly practices and sustainability
- Develop and use low cost/no cost learning materials in classroom transaction.
- Get functional familiarity with ICT and use it as a teaching learning tool.
- Become effective teachers at primary/seco0ndary level by imbibing appropriate professional values.
NCF 2005 articulated the need for connecting knowledge to teacher’s life outside the school, facilitating learner in knowledge construction, creating a fear free atmosphere, addressing diversity and inclusion, equity and quality.
This course will offer upward mobility to the student teacher both academically and professionally. After completing B.A BEd. / B.Sc.BEd. student teacher working in primary school may wish to begin teaching at the upper primary or secondary level.To reorient the system of teacher education in accordance with the vision of Justice Verma Commission (JVC), (NCTE) revisited its regulations and norms and standards for various Teacher Education programmes and notified new regulations on 1st December, 2014. As per the regulations 2014 the duration of the BEd. and M.Ed. programmes has been enhanced from one year to two years, and the 4year integrated B.A BEd./ B.Sc. BEd. programme has been made a mainstream programme of teachers education. The proposed integrated course emphasizes upon preparing two sets of teacher separately one for pre-primary and primary level and the second for upper primary and secondary levels.