4 YEARS INTEGRATED B.A. B.Ed/B.Sc.B.Ed COURSE
21st century school education in India has been witnessing a paradigm shift from a product-based approach to a process-based approach, leaning towards the development of competencies in their areas of interest. School education is also expected to prepare children for global citizenship. In view of addressing these contemporary demands, professional preparation of teachers, keeping in mind the development of teacher skills, is important.
Teacher education programmes need to be develop teachers who are competent, motivated, and confident in their methodology and style. They should understand how to plan to teach, and should be able to engage students interactively and inclusively.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Integrated Teacher Education programme, namely B.A B.Ed. and B.Sc. B.Ed. (primary and secondary education), is designed to meet the needs of professional teachers for pre-primary, primary, upper primary and secondary level of school education.
- The 4-years integrated Teacher Education programme aims at enabling the teacher to gain skills and knowledge with respect to their chosen subjects.
- Understand the nuances of child psychology and how children learn.
- Familiarize them with the pedagogical approaches suitable for teaching at primary/secondary school children.
- Get acquainted with the content and pedagogical aspects of the teaching-learning process suitable for pre-primary, and secondary level children.
- Enhance their communication skills
- Appreciate and apply the latest approaches, such as the constructivist approach to teaching-learning
- Adopt innovative strategies in classroom processes
- Address issues related to natural resources and promote eco-friendly practices and sustainability
- Develop and use low cost/no cost learning materials in the classroom
- Get functional familiarity with ICT and use it as a teaching-learning tool.
- Become effective teachers at primary/secondary level by imbibing appropriate professional values.
NCF-2005 articulated the need for connecting knowledge to a learner’s life outside the school. It facilitated knowledge construction, creation of a fear-free atmosphere, and an address of diversity of inclusion.
This course will offer upward mobility to a teacher both academically and professionally. After completing B.A B.Ed. / B.Sc.B.Ed. the teacher working in a primary school may wish to begin teaching at the upper primary or secondary level. To reorient the system of teacher education in accordance with the vision of the Justice Verma Commission (JVC), NCTE revisited the regulations and norms of various Teacher Education programmes and notified new regulations on 1st December, 2014. As per the regulations, the duration of the B.Ed. and M.Ed. programmes has been changed from one year to two years, and the 4-year integrated B.A B.Ed./ B.Sc. B.Ed. programme has been made a mainstream one. The proposed integrated course emphasizes the training of two sets of teacher – one for pre-primary and primary level and the second for upper primary and secondary levels.